There She Is Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any person's thoughts on TSI (doesn't have to be you)

2 posters

Go down

Any person's thoughts on TSI (doesn't have to be you) Empty Any person's thoughts on TSI (doesn't have to be you)

Post  JjinttaSet Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:29 pm

Skadi wrote
When I look at the world we live in I like to think that as a species we are evolving, even though at times it seems to be painfully slow. Each generation becomes more and more tolerant and open to things not familiar and not status quo. The number one issue facing humanity is just our ability to get along with each other. There is not a place on earth in which people are dying, because of their race or the gods they worship or because of the person they choose to love. Amazing that a simple little flash anime such as this can manage to sum up everything so sweetly that one hundred times longer can’t.

For a story with no dialogue, the message of There she is!! comes across loud and clear. All of its episodes are told as though they were music videos. One doesn’t even need to know what the lyrics are to understand exactly what is going on. The series starts out innocently enough, with a cat and a rabbit meeting at a vending machine and the rabbit developing a humorous love at first sight with the cat. Despite his struggles to get away and let her know that cats and rabbits shouldn’t be together her devotion is unwavering and absolute.

The first couple of episodes are sweet and cute and totally enjoyable to watch. Suddenly when the third one rolls around the message comes into focus. I was completely surprised but it as well. You can pretty much relate the struggles of the budding romance between the cat (latter named Nabi) and the rabbit (Doki) with any form of bigotry. Forbidden romance of either interracial, gay and lesbian, or ethnic backgrounds it all seems so silly and pointless to get so upset over. Honestly I wanted to laugh, cry and scream with anger all at the same time.

Everyone should really love the two main characters Doki and Nabi. Even though a word is never spoken their feelings come across clear as day. It’s a bit of a sad indictment of anime though that a series like this came come across as a great romance with great characters and have a running time of barely thirty minutes. It actually is possible to have a real relationship without all the blushing, angst, and harem drama.

The music is quite important to the series. The songs are all upbeat for the most part and fit the style of the animation and the mood nicely. Understanding what’s being said is not really that important though it’s unfortunate that a karaoke version of the songs was not available in the copy that I viewed.

For animation done completely with flash you would expect something crude and not all that interesting. You would be very wrong though! The only other flash animation anime I have seen was a series called Hanoka, and while it had some pretty decent and complex art, the simplicity of this series is its strength. Sometimes less is more and the character models are animation couldn’t have been better. I would even go so far as to say that if it was remade and animated with the very best CG effects and art that it would never be as good as this version.

Overall this was a series that took me a bit by surprise with how much I really enjoyed it. It goes to show that you don't need fancy artwork and animation or even dialogue to leave a powerful impression. There she is!! is something everyone should see. Don’t argue with me, just go out right now and watch it.

tehnomoninator wrote
Some of us know what it means to love someone we should not.

Whether it is because of personal qualms or societal standards, at some point, we wonder if this love is worth risking our lives or lifestyles. There are those pivotal moments where we cast aside what we think and what other people think to simply just let ourselves feel for once.

There she is!! is a Korean Flash animated series that uses its simplicity to give us a deep, engaging and entirely lovable viewing experience. And yes, this anime is something to experience, as it can capture you by the heart and give it a good few tugs. Rather than humans, we have anthropomorphic cats and rabbits that make up the population. The world depicted in There she is!! is a pleasantly rendered place. There are nice people, the atmosphere is good and it is a warm, inviting environment. There is just one problem: there is a strict rule against rabbits and cats being together romantically. They can live around one another, be friends, and work together but they absolutely cannot date or form a relationship.

And as fate would have it, a young female rabbit named Doki falls head over heels in love with a young male cat called Nabi. There she is!! is a hilarious, wonderfully sweet and heartwarming depiction of the trials and tribulations of being in a relationship that is condemned by society. But more than that, it is a lovely little anime about the wonders of a first love and being in a relationship with someone who becomes the most beloved and precious thing in your world.

Surprisingly for a Flash animation, this anime runs rather smoothly. The art style is minimalist, with stark whites and greys. The character design is extremely simple with little detail but it is exceptionally cute. The dullness of some of the backgrounds makes the use of colours more intense to the eye. And what has the most colour around them? Our protagonists, of course, being the source of vibrancy in a pristine black, white and grey world.

There she is!! uses popular songs as the background music. The songs are very fitting, ranging from poppy and fun to melancholy and heavy. They exude the spirit of the anime very well. Rather than use dialogue, the songs provides us with words where words are not even necessary to show all the emotions present in a scene. Each episode has a different song for it, and they are all used perfectly for this anime.

Even though they never speak and even though they are cats and rabbits, the characters of There she is!! are marvellously human and real. Doki is unabashed and extremely brave. She loves Nabi tremendously, doing little sweet (and sometimes over the top) things for him. Her affectionate nature not only wins him over, but it also does so for us. She is extremely likeable, and even in the face of adversity, she proves to be remarkably strong despite her cheery, carefree nature.

Nabi is a wonderful character as well, initially rather hesitant about being with Doki. But he is unable to help himself as he falls deeper and deeper in love with her. He tries his best for her, and that's really what makes him wonderful. When confronted with the jeers of everyone around him, the strongest thing he could do is be there at her side. He cracks under the pressure after seeing what Doki has to endure simply by being with him; it makes him willing to even hurt himself to save her. Seeing the two interact will warm your heart and break it.

The supporting cast does not have a large role in this anime. Most consist of a gang of ruffian bunnies who try to look out for Doki and who do not seem to like Nabi and some of Nabi's older cat friends, who become aware of his feelings for Doki, and try to support him.

This romance is by far one of the most rewarding ever animated. It is tremendously sweet, has engaging characters and its story means something deeper. On another level, this Romeo and Juliet tale could be a gentle reminder of the pains that interracial couples faced and are still facing. It generally could be applied to any sort of situation where people are treated terribly just because something so pure, innocent and essentially harmless is considered unacceptable by the majority. There she is!! is a truly spectacular anime. There are high budget sagas that should take lessons from this short little ONA.

This anime is an uplifting, refreshing and lovely creation.

It gives us hope that if ever we are ostracised, denied, hurt and hated for simply trying to live our lives with the person we care for the most, maybe we can be strong enough to hold our beloved's hand tightly and face it all together with them.

I found these interesting...
JjinttaSet
JjinttaSet

http://jjinttaset.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Any person's thoughts on TSI (doesn't have to be you) Empty Re: Any person's thoughts on TSI (doesn't have to be you)

Post  There-She-Is-Fan Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:10 pm

Indeed these are interesting. It shares my opinion that it's not just representing the idea of Animal Love, rather it could also fit as the idea as sexual preferences and racial background. I mean, does it really matter is what bothers me. Society obviously outcasts most of these types of people by Law or Not, but then there are people who fight back. It's wonderful that people can interpret TSI as I do sometimes Smile
There-She-Is-Fan
There-She-Is-Fan

http://there-she-is-fan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum