There She Is Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My own opinion...

4 posters

Go down

My own opinion... Empty My own opinion...

Post  Unknownlight Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:07 am

Here's the thing I find, which I hope isn't offensive: There she is!! honestly isn't the type of series that lends itself very well to discussions in forums like this. The series is very short, and there's not much more to it than what is shown, so (besides the stupefyingly large amount of theories as to what the green ribbons on the tree symbolizes) there's not much to talk about. Theories as to what happens after the fifth step boils down to fan fiction, and even discussion about the moral itself quickly boils down to "yup, free-love is good, pure-blood is bad".

I find that TSI is actually a better tool for teaching than discussion, believe it or not. And not just for the moral of the story, but for the elements of the episodes as well. You could, for example, have some film students watch it for probably the best example of telling a good story without dialogue, having them taking note of the techniques used in the episodes (like turning thoughts and feelings into solid objects eg. hearts and the pure-blood/free-love signs).

...And, I've lost my train of thought, I had more examples in mind of how TSI could be used for teaching, but now I can't remember a single one of them. >_< I'm just tired...

Anyway, I'm not actually sure what the point of this topic is, but it's kinda like my personal explanation as to why this place is half-dead at all times. There really is nothing to talk about. =/

Unknownlight

Back to top Go down

My own opinion... Empty Re: My own opinion...

Post  Destroyer9283 Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:15 pm

Personally, I think there are MANY things that can be discussed over "There She Is!!". I could go into a LOOONG list, but let me give you a few suggestions: Did Doki have a boyfriend before Nabi? If so, was he a cat or bunny? What about the lesser known characters? How about Lip Cat and the band? And what are the other band member's name? (actually, that one has already been answered...) What does Gray Rabbit do for a living? Does Pizza have someone he's going after?

You get the point. There are many things that can be discussed around here. The problem is: No one is willing to put in the time to make the first post.
Destroyer9283
Destroyer9283
Admin

http://destroyer9283.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  dqle Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:01 pm

Whoa, hey, no need to be defensive! (nor apologetic, since this is your own opinion, and you didn't attack anybody personally, so all's good)

*While it is interesting to note that your first post here, Unknownlight, is one that sorta denounces a thing we've yet to do in a serious manner, I'll ignore this tidbit.*

Anyways, let's see if I can't give another look and/or reasonings for said opinions thus far:

To Unknownlight:
While it is true that "There She Is!!" is a rather short series, being only 30 minutes total in length, the material present is enough to engage in at least a handful of discussions. On that note, you are correct that there will be limited topics to cover, but that's only if you don't think outside the box. The series takes place in modern/futuristic Seoul, Korea, in which there are many, MANY topics that relate to the series. Thus, theories. (if you think about it, don't most discussions for shows/books eventually lead to theories?) And who said that that's the end all moral? Yes, it'd be the preferred one to many, but there will always be that group who thinks otherwise. (of course, arguing against it will be ridiculously hard in today's society)

Yes, "There She Is!!" makes an excellent teaching tool in the world of conveying a story, among other things. (one person on the BBS has already done so!) When you think about it, isn't this in itself a discussion that leads to how the SamBakZa mindset works, or at least the series?

Nothing can't ever be not discussed. That's how the human mind works. So as long as a question presents itself, and I assure you, it will, people will present their opinions in hopes to ease your mind. More likely than not, it will do the exact opposite and lead to even more questions...!

As for why this place is... more dead than a doornail, as they say, it's because we haven't actually tried to do any of the sort yet. If I can just get off my lazy butt, then I might be able to at least kick start it...

To Destroyer9283:
Your suggestions do lead yourself to Unknownlight's comments already about them resorting them to theories and fanfics/works. However, despite being limited to the poster's imagination, a discussion is still a discussion, canon or not!

dqle

Back to top Go down

My own opinion... Empty Here's My Opinion

Post  JjinttaSet Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:47 pm

Well we're copying the series in real life even if we don't mean to, either a complete absence of talking, or huge spans of talking. So therefore, we could discuss things by using songs and pictures, and not boring black and white text that just kind of go like... "Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah."
BUt that's Just My opinion. My own opinion... Happydokiplz

Btw I'm joking. XD
JjinttaSet
JjinttaSet

http://jjinttaset.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum