There She Is Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MEGABALLISTIC UPDATE

4 posters

Go down

MEGABALLISTIC UPDATE Empty MEGABALLISTIC UPDATE

Post  Geneforger Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:36 am

A while back at the beginning of 2010 I've just realized I've been to much of a frigging couch potato. I told myself I'd make something and post it online be it on Newgrounds, Youtube, DeviantArt or anything else and that was now 4 years ago.

No longer is that the case. I'm in full gear and I have more time than ever to work. It's time to get moving; starting with a tribute to There she is!!. At first I was going to draw some simple picture and post it on deviantArt... I then RE-figured out that I can't draw very well. My cousin's little sister said exactly this: "Can you make a movie like that?" *She's 9* I was all like: GREAT IDEA, I've been meaning to use Flash then I got me another reality check. "I still can't draw!!! How are you going draw and animate something like that!?!?"

I was fed up with being lazy and moping about so I told myself "The very best I can."
So now I'm in the creation of Tribute to There She Is, with assistance from some friends.

I'm being very thorough with this project, too the point I'm making storyboards and posting them all over my wall. It might take a very long time, maybe even half the year but I'm determined to do this project if its the last thing I do and I aim to have this thing done before the end of 2010!

But I confess right now I'm stumped as I haven't done anything with Flash at all so I have particular idea what to do or even how to match pictures and music with the FPS *Let alone figure the FPS Amalloc used* Any tips would help

Another problem is whats going to be in the tribute? I looked around and some people did tributes by making a colored version of the flash. I got many ideas like Doki and Nabi's 3rd and beyond dates, or putting them in a scenario after the final step. Anyone got any ideas?

Current Ideas
----------------
1. Doki & Nabi's Date
Just another love date between them. Could have negative and positive events
2. After the Final Step *Movie 5*
Anything that they may get into afterwords.
3. There she is!! In class!!
What happens to Nabi & Doki in the schoolhouse?
4. There she is!! Mystery Step: Smooth Criminal
Have Nabi dance to Smooth Criminal like MJ did in Moonwalker along side other familiar characters. *Uncle's idea; was a MJ fan who had tickets to his concert before he died...*
5. There she is!! Engagement
Doki and Nabi are getting MARRIED!?!? *Had to happen sometime*

Now what I have to REALLY worry about in real life is getting in trouble for making this for some lame copyright reason. But seeing as other people made similar tributes to it on sites like youtube it shouldn't be a problem. Let's hope it isn't...

Anyone care to voice their opinions or ideas?

PS. This is probably the most I typed in a long while...
Geneforger
Geneforger

Back to top Go down

MEGABALLISTIC UPDATE Empty Re: MEGABALLISTIC UPDATE

Post  dqle Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:42 pm

Whoa... this IS long!

And rightfully so! I applaud your effort into making something something as grand as this!

Now, as a tribute for anything, you do NOT have to match the source material in everything. You may do whatever you want, as this is a fan work. Of course, wanting to stay as close to the source as you can (like me) may be something you want...

Making something as professional as SamBakZa's animations while you're a beginner is definitely reaching too high at this point. (at 15 frames per second, you'd have to deal with 1,800 still images for just 2 minutes...!) Flash makes it a little easier, but takes quite a bit of planning ahead if you want the animation to match the accompanying music. Believe it or not, Newgrounds and Youtube have tutorials on how to use Flash. Be patient, though; you won't see results immediately.

As for ideas, I think you've got plenty to work with. If you must, I'll suggest some in the near future. Right now is when you should improve your technique.

dqle

Back to top Go down

Post  JjinttaSet Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:26 pm

Number 4, For. The. Epic. Win.

I think doing a fan flash would be fine project my friend. Now as for the "can't draw very well" part, perhaps you could show a few of us peeps teh picture / single frame (I'm just guessing XD), and we can help you fix mistakes with the picture. If this doesn't work/you can't fix it by yourself the way you want it, then you could possibly send the picture directly to one of us/someone else. ;3

At first I was going to draw some simple picture and post it on deviantArt... I then RE-figured out that I can't draw very well. My cousin's little sister said exactly this: "Can you make a movie like that?" *She's 9* I was all like: GREAT IDEA, I've been meaning to use Flash then I got me another reality check. "I still can't draw!!! How are you going draw and animate something like that!?!?"

Just making sure I got this right. >_>'
JjinttaSet
JjinttaSet

http://jjinttaset.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Geneforger Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:37 pm

Thanks guys, I don't have the project on computer yet, most of it is hand drawn *I do not have a sketch pad YET* Its currently down to costumes and stage. And to let you guys know, by popular demand its going to be Number 4: The Mystery Step. So I'm trying very hard to get the look and choreography just right *I'm watching Moonwalker over and over now*

Currently who I have as Cast

Nabi - Micheal Jackson
Doki - In the works... (WILL BE INCLUDED)
Il-Ho - Zoot Suit Dancer
Sam-Ho - Zoot Suit Dancer
Yi-Ho - Zoot Suit Dancer
Hana - In the works
Pizza - In the works... (Possibly still a bodyguard)
Grey Rabbit - In the works
Lip Cat - In the works
Drummer* - In the works
Rabbit with Glasses* - In the works

*I don't know their fan names...*

I'm currently modeling most of it after the original Moonwalker version, although I might have to use an edited version of the song and most likely change or remove some scenes *such as the glass breaking see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex30DYwQlHU *

For the people in the works, I'm trying to find the proper role for them as its hard to put everyone in, but Doki is a MUST have. My uncle suggested that using the original track version when it fades out instead of guns shot that Nabi can grab Doki's hand and run out of the club while the music fades out but that would mean changing portion of the story but so far I don't have one to begin with. But enough of that problem here are the others who I have distinct ideas for their roles.

Hana: In the Moonwalker edition shes going to be in place of the asian woman who often fans herself.
Pizza: Her personal bodyguard *Again Smile*
Lip Cat: Possibly the swing dancer in the red dress which has her own few seconds on the dance floor.
Grey Rabbit: Probably one the Zoot suit dancers although I'll probably also make him another one of Hana's bodyguards as there is more than one in the show.
The rest of the band: Trying to incorporate them somehow, but I can't see the drummer dancing, although I do see him appearing in the opening part where everyone stares at Michael. the rabbit I might have a easier time with the rabbit as I can see him dancing but when to add him is another thing.

On a final note the only thing I worry about is the singing and lip-sync, Do I really need it or can I just leave most of their mouths shut?

PS: I gotta stop typing so much...
Geneforger
Geneforger

Back to top Go down

Post  Geneforger Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:13 am

dqle wrote:
at 15 frames per second, you'd have to deal with 1,800 still images for just 2 minutes...!

It's really at 15 frames per second? Thanks I've been looking around for that. When I first started flash I did sprites at 16 FPS but I never finished it.
Geneforger
Geneforger

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsmooth27 Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:41 pm

Farghing copyright claims.

Doki & Nabi's date? I absolutely can't wait to see that.

I really wish I could animate...

mrsmooth27

Back to top Go down

MEGABALLISTIC UPDATE Empty UPDATE: March 25th 2010

Post  Geneforger Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:12 am

Haven't been on late but that's because I'm deep in the project. The majority of the animation part is on paper, not on the computer *Until I scan over 100 different pieces of paper* The audio however is near completion. I've pulled several versions of Smooth Criminal but I am only probably going to need 2 or 3 of them to make the song. Syncing and splicing out pieces for the final song will take a few days but that's the easy part as its only 4 minutes of music. The animation however is at least 15 times higher than that. *15 FPS*

I am sad to say however that it is still no where near completion and is moving BELOW a snails pace:
1. Several frames used for the scene have been redrawn many times, so 1 frame may have around 3 to 4 remakes
2. Making each frame is very time consuming as I'm not a really talented artist so its really difficult without butchering up the looks of the characters
3. The frames are sheets of paper, not literally flash frames because I cannot draw with a mouse and I do not have a sketchpad *Although I'm planning on getting on if I can as soon as possible* to help me draw on the CPU. I can't draw with a mouse or touch pad... its annoying

That's pretty much the low-down on whats been happening lately but on happier terms I do have some things to say or reveal. Such as the confirmed cast appearance!

There She Is!! Cast / Character Representation

Nabi - Michael Jackson
Doki - The "Girlfriend"
Il-Ho - Zoot Suit Dancer
Sam-Ho - Zoot Suit Dancer
Yi-Ho - Zoot Suit Dancer
Hana - Asian Woman
Pizza - Personal Body Guard
Grey Rabbit - 2nd Personal Body Guard
Lip Cat - The lady in Red

The second and the best part of this was the story or background information. Although this may not matter in the end since this a tribute rather than an actual movie with a plot but this allows the viewers to understand whats going on.

1. Nabi and Doki are another date and they pass by some fabulous nightclub on the way.
2. Upon arrival at the night club, Doki is spotted by several other guys *Including the Jjintta set*
3. The men pull Doki into the night club while Nabi is forced back by several of the thugs.
4. Nabi is stuck outside looking at Doki getting all the attention and wondering how to get inside when a white hat blows into his face. He smiles and a "lucky" shooting star is seen in the background and he puts the hat on.
5. The rest plays on like Moonwalker...

A note that this story line has absolutely no connection to the REAL storyline what so ever. This is meant to be a tribute to the series and Michael Jackson.

My hope and goal to release this on the 2nd Anniversary of the Final Step (12/18/2010) on Newgrounds and Youtube. Until the time comes ladies and gentlemen I present you all the future. Till we meet again later!
Geneforger
Geneforger

Back to top Go down

Post  dqle Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:03 pm

Man, you really are ambitious, aren't you?

I can't imagine what it's like to draw, by hand, 15 frames per second. That must take A TON of work! Yeah, some are going to repeats, but dedicating all of that time is nothing short of awe-inspiring...

Hey, if you could, post some works in progress. That is, if you want to. Keeping it a surprise would be awesome as well! (so as long as you post updates, of course)

I can only wish you good luck in your major project. We'll be rooting for you!

dqle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum