There She Is Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inquiry about the rules

2 posters

Go down

Inquiry about the rules Empty Inquiry about the rules

Post  Maverick Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:45 am

When I first saw these rules, I was impressed. There was alot to see. But I have a few problems with some of the rules.

"You may be a pirate, but don't go off gloating that. Illegally downloaded software hurts the economy in the long run, and can have pretty hefty consequences for anybody involved. We can't tell you to stop altogether, but we sure can stop you from participating any further."
Excuse me? I have pirated DVDS, but I wasnt the one to hand them out. My dad got these from a buddy down at work. So wait a minute--- Just cause I have a few DVD's means that I cannot participate like anybody else?

"Just because you don't agree with what another person is a part of doesn't mean you can talk smack about it. Show your views in a relatively calm discussion (as in, no insults), but an all out attack is not wanted by anybody!"
Arent we entitled to our own opinion???? I mean, not like I dont agree but ditto.

"If you do decide to post anyways despite signs of people not caring, prepare to be ignored. Extreme cases, such as spamming, will lead to being kicked out."
Okay now your just referring to me. Seriously..

"or straight up banned in forums"
Umm.. one question. Hasnt the fourms been like.. major DEAD?
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Inquiry about the rules Empty Re: Inquiry about the rules

Post  dqle Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:42 pm

First off, wrong forum (but really, who cares?)

Silly things aside, glad you had a chance to read over the so-called rules. Now let's see what concerns you...

FighterPilot337 wrote:Excuse me? I have pirated DVDS, but I wasnt the one to hand them out. My dad got these from a buddy down at work. So wait a minute--- Just cause I have a few DVD's means that I cannot participate like anybody else?
I didn't say that if you HAVE pirated material in your possession, you'll be lashed out at. I mentioned that if you gloat about it (aka advertise, rant, etc.), then the higher ranks be forced to take action. Note, that you can mention that you got it through "other" means, but don't go into detail on how you got it, and we'll let it slip by. A simple phrase to remember: if the world doesn't know about it, who cares?

(not that I'm encouraging piracy or anything, but if you do things like this, keep it to yourself)

FighterPilot337 wrote:Arent we entitled to our own opinion???? I mean, not like I dont agree but ditto.
Everybody in the entire world is entitled to their own opinion. However, you can also express your opinions in a manner that won't tick off the party you're not in agreement with.**

FighterPilot337 wrote:Okay now your just referring to me. Seriously..
Now this isn't strictly aimed at any one person. These rules are also meant to be referred to ANYWHERE on the internet. I've also heard from other users that they just don't like this kind of activity. To them, it's annoying. Not to say that you can't talk about that subject: just make sure people are listening.

FighterPilot337 wrote:Umm.. one question. Hasnt the fourms been like.. major DEAD?
See above. (but yeah, this forum is pretty much dead)

**Now see, was that so hard? You managed to talk about what concerned you in a friendly matter! If you have ANY problems whatsoever, this is how you should act!

dqle

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:51 pm

Thank you for informing me Smile
I was also very impressed at these rules, they were very well written!
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down